Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sadness with a strange sense of peace...

And so shocking how a single phone call can change your life.
The absolute disbelief, the surreal and emotional feeling.
Never before has the distance felt so endless.
Could it really be? Has the time come?
The moment I have been dreading and denying.

Watching others around you, who you love leave.
The elation and heartaches that you have endured.
There has to be some peace to come.
Does it bring peace knowing you will see them soon?
Whether its now, weeks, months or longer.

Waiting hoping breathing you stay for just a second longer.
One more sweet moment.
You are leaving pieces of you in me.
A sad waiting game.
The emotions of you leaving are so overwhelming.

To go on without the love of your life for over 30yrs.
To be separated from the one you love.
But can there be joy for you, the one that is now leaving?
The peace to come will be the reunion with the one who has been waiting for you.
I love you Grandma and I know when ever the time comes Grandpa is waiting to give you kisses again.

My Grandma had a Tres Beautiful Life.

1 comment:

Seattle Salerno Stories said...

What a beautiful tribute. My thoughts are with you friend! I hope you are finding some peace in this hard time. If you need someone to talk to, or distract you give me a call. I would love to hear more about your family down under!