Thursday, August 6, 2009

Flying kites at the beach, being with my babies, snuggling with my man and remembering my Grandma is how I want to spend today.

I didn't make it back home for Grandma's funeral today, so I will be remembering her today in my own special way.

Its sad not to be with the family, oh how I am missing them today. I can not stop thinking about the love, support and togetherness that they will all be feeling today. While I am physically not there, my mind and spirit will be there 100%.

Hayden will be speaking on behalf of the Marshall's, at first I was sad that it would not be me talking. But I couldn't get there, so we have worked out the next best thing. Hayden will speak and I will write it, with anything they want to add. My last post here is what I wrote for the funeral.

I have not worked out what I will be doing myself yet, but know I want to be at the beach with my family flying Grandmas kite.

It may be cold, gray and overcast outside, but today is a beautiful day to celebrate a beautiful life!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh hon...I just got done reading all your posts, I am go sorry about your grandma. I'm sitting here in tears, it's so hard losing someone you love so much.

I do also believe the bird was your grandmother visiting you. She knew you needed to see her one more time, so she flew to you!

I hope you find peace and comfort for your loss in the days and weeks to come.

Hugs!

PolkaDotGaloshes said...

Thanks Joanne for you sweet words...hugs =)