Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm feeling inspired to write a kids book collection...

On the family virtues!

I have been looking for months now for preschool aged story books based on the wonderful world of virtues. All I have come across is kind of the opposite....A series based on what they shouldn't be doing rather than what they should be doing.

It kind of goes with the saying "if you tell someone NOT to think about pink elephants, guess what they will think about!" I would love a series of short stories that focus on the virtues and reinforcing what we are trying to teach them, rather than the behaviors we are trying to avoid.

My thinking is to take the 52 virtues we are studying this year and turn them in to short stories based on that virtue, coming up with a character that will teach the kids in each book. I know we have a bunny lover and a monkey lover in the group....hmmm its got me thinking!

I've always wanted to write kids books. I wrote a few while in High school and thoroughly enjoyed it. Pirate Pete was my all time fav, I'll have to dig that one out and share it!
I am using this blog as my brainstorming space for this idea, as a way to keep of all my thoughts.

2 comments:

Feathered Nest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Feathered Nest said...

We still enjoy following your beautiful blog. We have moved our blog to featherednestfriends.blogspot.com if you'd lie to continue to follow us.

Thanks,
Sue and Melanie